Contains: 2 x 1m UVB Lamp, 2 x 1m Fixture, 1 x power lead and 1 x link lead
One light, FOUR reasons you need this:
- Increase resin production; many growers reporting increases of 35%+ UVR8 is a protein produced by some plants in defence against UVB light. It is stimulated by UVB light at 288nm.
- Kill or suppress powdery mildew; proven to help eliminate PM and other moulds that cannot live under a high UV environment
- Kill or suppress insects; 66% UVA portion of the lamps is modelled after the sun but is more intense.
- More compact, dense flowering (less legginess); high UVB exposure reduces how tall plants get during flowering as the plants convert the energy they would've used into resin production.
UVB light (within the range of 280-320nm) is normally received from the sun. When a plant detects UVB at 288nm, it produces the UVR8 protein. This protein acts as a chemical messenger, which signals to the plant to secrete more oils and resins to help protect itself from the UVB rays.
Only Solacure lamps have the UVR8 effect.
Virtually no lamps produce UVB in the 280-320nm range due, in part, to the limitations of the glass. Solacure lamps are the sole exception as they use a type of glass designed specifically for transparency across the entire UVB spectrum.
This patented glass technology, combined with our unique blend of phosphors and high output, is what makes Solacure lamps the most effective producers of UVA and UVB light and the only lamps capable of triggering the full UVR8 effect.
HOW TO USE
The exact UVB exposure time will vary, but a good entry point is:
1. start with 2 hours a day split over 2 x 1hour intervals (within your light on period).
2. Increase exposure by 15mins every TWO days and check for signs of burning on leaf tips - this is when you've hit "critical mass" and find the sweet spot for the amount your plant can absorb
Note: The amount of UV will vary from 2 to 6 hours a day in grow tents and up to 12 hours in a bigger room.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.