PLANTIT perlite improves aeration and drainage. Gardeners all over the world use perlite to help improve drainage and nutrient distribution in your chosen media i.e. coco/compost.
WHAT IS PERLITE? Perlite is an inert volcanic rock that provides a beneficial, pH neutral, sterile growing medium. PLANTIT perlite allows faster germination and uptake of cuttings due to superior air to water ratio.
WHERE TO USE PERLITE? Mixed with your chosen potting medium perlite helps to avoid compaction. Perlite allows more air and water to reach the roots, improving nutrient uptake, promoting plant health and explosive growth. PLANTIT perlite is easy and safe to handle, odourless, lightweight and simple to use. Use perlite to reduce the weight in pots for roof gardens
HOW MUCH PERLITE DO I NEED TO USE? Add perlite so it makes up around 10-50% of the total volume of potting mix. Add 10-20% perlite if you want better water retention and don't plan on using a lot of extra nutrients.
If you need a larger volume pack, we sell 100 Litre bags of perlite.
- Ideal for everything from sowing seeds and rooting cuttings to potting on and container growing
- Reduced compaction in growing media
- Allows more air and water to reach the roots
- Reduces the risk of fungal disease
- Soil conditioning – increasing aeration and drainage in heavy, hard to manage soils
- Repairing/laying down lawns – gives additional aeration and drainage when raked into spiked holes
- Planting trees and shrubs – loosens and aerates soil to encourage root development
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.