SONIC AIR PRO ONLY!
The SonicAir Pro Intelligent Humidity Controller works in exactly the same way but connects and is powered by the SonicAir Pro humidifier. The unit switches the humidifier on and off but leaves the humidifier fan to overrun.
The Intelligent Humidity Controller monitors your environment and controls the humidity levels to VPD, vapour pressure deficit or relative humidity.
The GAS Intelligent Humidity controller comes with a temperature, humidity and light probe as well as day and night humidity functions, it gives you the option to control your humidifier in 4 different ways. It also has a warning display feature to let you know if your humidifier has run out of water.
- Humidifier controller
- Intelligently learns to maintain the perfect humidity
- Day and night settings
- Dynamically changes the humidity based on the temperature
- Displays a warning if the humidifier runs out of water
Humidity is a complicated business. Dry air allows water to evaporate, which leads to plants transpiring or water evaporating from the leaves. In turn, they draw up too many nutrients and burn the leaves.
Whereas, if your humidity is too high condensation can form on the leaves and cause mould. Your plants won’t be able to transpire and won’t draw up enough nutrients.
To complicate things more, the temperature of the air has a knock-on effect on the volume of humidity the air can hold. VPD is a measurement of the ability of moisture to evaporate from the leaves of your plant.
Months of research have gone into the Intelligent Humidity Controller - it calculates the vapour pressure deficit on the leaves of your plants and maintains the optimum humidity depending on where the plant is in the growth cycle and your grow room temperature. In short, it creates a better environment for your plants
How the G.A.S Intelligent Humidity Controller Works
The Intelligent humidity / VPD controller uses a 3-in-1 probe to sense the temperature, the humidity and the light level in a grow space. The unit then controls a G.A.S SonicAir Pro Humidifier to either increase the humidity to a user-programmed level or automatically reduce the VPD to the ideal level for the user-set growth stage and day/night phase. There are 4 basic modes of operation which are as follows:
1) Relative Humidity 24 Hours - In this mode, the controller will control the humidifier pro in order to increase the humidity to the level set by the user.
2) Relative Humidity Day / Relative Humidity Night - In this mode the controller allows the user to set separate humidity levels for day and night
3) VPD 24 Hours - In this mode, the user sets the stage of growth that the plants are in (Early Veg, Early Flower, or Late Flower). The controller then automatically calculates the humidity level to achieve the ideal VPD for the current temperature and the stage of growth and then controls the humidifier to get the humidity into the ideal range. If you really want you can override the preprogrammed VPD setting for each growth stage and set your own target VPD level.
4) VPD Day / Relative Humidity at Night - During the lights-on period, the unit operates as described in mode 3. However, during the dark period, it will switch to just controlling the humidity (not the VPD) to a user-set level. The stomata on plants are closed when the lights are off (to prevent unnecessary water loss) because they are not photosynthesising and therefore do not need to transpire. This means that when the lights are off, the VPD is not important. However, high humidity conditions during the lights-off period can encourage mould. It is only important to control the relative humidity during the night, not the VPD.
In our opinion, mode 4 is the best. It controls the VPD during the day when it is important and controls just the relative humidity during the night when that is most important.
Please Note: While the G.A.S Humidity Controller is a very clever & useful piece of equipment, it can only increase humidity to the correct levels but it cannot reduce humidity levels to bring them within range. However, the use of a separately adjustable dehumidifier alongside this controller and a humidifier pro can bring down humidity levels when they are too high.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.